3.3.08

What's your story?

I had a revelation the other day. Walking between classes, i was throwing myself a little pity party as i dwelt on those i missed back home. No one here truly knows my story, my past, and how i have come to be who i am today. I love and appreciate the new friends i have made this year, but there is something set apart about the people in one's life who have seen you at your lowest low and highest high, and all the crazy times in between. Thankfully I was able to console myself with the reassurance that these people i miss are only an hour away, and i can fellowship with them soon. But what of those who have no one that knows their story? No one can fully understand where they once were, and why they are who they are today. I have learned that personally, i take the irreplaceable validation and fulfillment that comes from loved ones for granted. Where would i be without the people who have watched me grow and helped to shape and mold me? I would be lonely and aimless, much like those i come across on the streets. I think the foremost hardship that they face, one that overpowers the lack of shelter, lack of food, and lack of clothing, is a simple lack of love. If my life was void of every person who i know for certain loves me, it would seem absolutely meaningless. Who would i live for? What is the point? There would be no one who cares, and no one who truly knows me. The validation that we gain from loved ones is what keeps us sane in this perverse environment we call home. The most heartwrenching part of this alarming concept is that each and every human being has the ability to love, that is almost 7 billion people who are capable of loving on their fellow humans, and yet so many slip by unloved. The bottom line? All we need is love. Talking to Rae, we realized that the most cliche things generally turn out to be the most true..so as cliche as that sounds, all we need is love. 1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

2 comments:

Rae Rae said...

i love this. and i am proud of you for actually blogging like we talked about instead of slacking like me..im really inspired by you now. :)
i am so happy that you share my love for the cliche....and talking to you this weekend helped me so much you dont even know even though we only had a little time and i passed out after not too long i seriously got so much strength just from being able to be around you.
I completely agree that being away from the people that truly know you can sometimes make you feel lost. With michelle gone, you in eugene, and nate leaving soon it is really starting to weigh on me. But then i remember that as well as all of you know me, there is One who knows me better than all of you and He is with me through every minute of my day.
How incredible is it that you are sharing that Friend to the people on the streets in Eugene because ultimately He is who they need.
I LOVE YOU BRITNI CLARICE
and keep blogging...

Nate Probert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.