7.7.08

in the eye of the beholder

What is beauty?
The world defines it as a woman with the "perfect" figure, luxurious furnishings, exquisite diamonds, and anything else associated with glitz and glamor. All things that will eventually fade away, which in my opinion disqualifies them as possessing true beauty.
In order to be genuinely beautiful, something must be able to supersede time itself. True beauty can weather stress, age, and destruction without losing an ounce of its appeal. Who but our Father in heaven could be the source of such a thing? But how beautiful is our Lord? It seems impossible to wrap my mind around the fact that he created every beautiful thing I have ever seen. Which means He even surpasses their beauty. Our precious Savior has more beauty than a waterfall interrupting a lush rain forest, a sunset on the African horizon, a couple growing old together in love, the birth of a perfect new baby, the timid bloom of the first rose of spring, and the dazzling glow of thousands of stars stretching across the night sky. I can't quite fathom how a being could possibly be more beautiful than all of the beauty in the world combined...but however that works, I want more of it in my life! I long to bask the in the presence of the Lord and literally soak up His beauty, so that I may be a vessel that shares it with those around me. Our Father so desperately desires for us to experience the gifts he created for us. Every person on this earth has been made worthy of getting a glimpse of His genuine beauty, and I aim to share it with as many people as He enables me to.
Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

1 comment:

Matt Trevorrow said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you Britni.